How can we give?
Trinity Church Bank Details
Account Name: Trinity Church Scarborough
Account Number: 33436047
Sort Code: 20-83-73
Use the Bank Details above to arrange a one off transfer using the Banking App on your phone or your Online Banking Account.
Click here to give online. You can use your debit or credit card to transfer money into our account.
Use the Bank Details above to setup a regaulr Standing Order with your bank. Standing Orders transfer money from your account to Trinity Church regularly and automatically. This is a secure way of paying money and provides the church with a regular and predictable income, which helps in two ways: it enables us to budget effectively and it is simpler and cheaper than cash, cheques or envelopes to administer. So, if you can, please give by Standing Order.
If you pay UK tax please complete a Gift Aid Declaration so we can reclaim the basic rate tax you have paid – 25p for every £1 you give! A Gift Aid Declaration held by Trinity Church will apply to all your future gifts until you change it. So, if your tax circumstances change, you will need to let us know.
Why should we give?
In Luke chapter 12, we read the parable of the rich fool. From an earthly perspective the farmer in Jesus’ story was very successful. He was rich, he was relaxed and he was retired. He had done all he could to prepare for his earthly future. But God’s verdict over his life only required two words, verse 20, “You fool.” Why? Jesus explains in verse 21, “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich towards God.” The farmer wasn’t rich towards God. He neither had a rich relationship with God nor used his riches to serve the purposes of God.
A Christian enjoys a rich relationship with the God who is Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Through faith in Jesus Christ, we have the incredibly privilege of being connected to our joyful Creator. We also have the pleasure of using our resources to further the purposes of God. Since the local church is God’s prime agent of mission, it makes sense that Christians should give generously to their local fellowship.
What should we give?
The amount we give to our local church is a decision to be made honestly between us and God. We are not all called to give the same amount but we are all called to give sacrificially. That means that the wealthy and the less well off won’t give the same amount but both will give sacrificially from what they have.
Below are some of the Biblical principles for loving generosity from 1 and 2 Corinthians. The Corinthian Christians were to give:
- Regularly – They set aside money on the first day of every week. We need to be thoughtful and committed in our giving, not random and sporadic.
- Universally – Each one of them was commanded to give. Giving is not something reserved for the few but is for all God’s people.
- Proportionally – They gave in keeping with their income. We must give within our means. We will not all be able to give equal amounts but we will all be able to give sacrificial amounts.
- Freely – They gave without pressure. Giving shouldn’t be about gimmicks and guilt but about a grace-filled heart wanting to respond to the Lord’s loving generosity.
- Joyfully – In 2 Corinthians 9 we are reminded that God loves a cheerful giver. It’s easy to give for the wrong reasons – to relieve our guilt, to avoid other avenues of Christian service, to be seen to be generous by others. The apostle Paul tells us that God loves a joyful and big-hearted response to all that he has lavished on us.
Please contact our Treasurer, Tony Graham, for more information about how to partner financially with Trinity Church.